• If you are trying to reset your account password then don't forget to check spam folder in your mailbox. Also Mark it as "not spam" or you won't be able to click on the link.

Entertainment Movies discussion thread

Aap kis type ki movie's prefer karte he ?

• Total voters

Adirshi

Royal कारभार 👑
Staff member
Sr. Moderator
Best Indian movies of 2023 so far :-

1. Viduthalai Part 1 (Tamil) :- If there is one Creator in Indian Cinema who always brings something compelling and hard dating regarding the socio-political climate in India it is very modern a case of an actor like Suri working for more than 20 years in the film industry mostly playing characters who are of comedic relief or the hero's best friend finally being given a chance to portray a dramatic role was even more exciting the film focuses on a police Constable Kumaris Aaron who gets recruited in the Mountain Village in 1987 where the police is in constant conflict with the rebel group termed as the People's Army while his portfolio is of a driver providing food for the policeman operation Ghost Hunt is intended to catch or kill the leader of the People's Army perumal played by Vijay sethupathi Suri is a revelation in this film you immediately connect with his innocence and naivety the organic need to help those in need he's righteous so much so that he stands by his belief and actions even if it means coming at Crossroads with his superiors and his progression in acknowledging this system and its problems and how its only solution may be to take charge really accounts for an exceptional and Powerful Tale the socio-political commentary by battery Marin is fascinating because his film speaks about positioning of the government its convenience with the news and how they're portrayed the low pecking order in which the locals are for these positions of power the anger and resentment on both sides of the police for the lives that they are losing in crossfires and the locals for the mistreatment and abuse cause for no fault of theirs the abuse of power becomes horrifying to the point where I had to look away in many sequences how humans reach a point where it becomes justified in their mind to treat others like wild animals it's hard hitting brilliantly executed and makes me even more excited for what part 2 will unfold

2. Iratta (Malayalam) :- a film that failed at the box office but I feel like is nothing short of a masterpiece is the Malayalam movie titled Iratta starring JoJo George the simple case of a policeman being shot in a police station is told in such a meticulous fashion that I just marveled at the economical production and the inventive screenplay of this one hour 15 minute film the movie unfolds as the suspected individuals are holed up together and questioned trying to understand each one's possible motive to kill the man each policeman having some scarred history with the deceased now this ties in into a lead actor being one of the two twins is very interestingly woven the brilliant nature of this film is that it makes you believe that there is no sense of reprieve for a character so despicable but it always pulls you back somehow with its layered writing the climax and how exceptionally it has tied together a sense of identity and how it Dooms one's life will really make your jaw drop.

3. 2018 (Malayalam) :- Starring Tovino Thomas, released at a time where the political environment was extremely toxic regarding the state of Kerala trying everything in their might to portray it to be stuck in the Dark Ages came a movie which proved the state to be more than just being embroiled in Petty religious politics dealing with the tragic 2018 floods the film is nothing short of a master class not only in terms of Storytelling but technical prowess a screenplay is so engaging that one can't help but be nervous at the several events showcased what really stands out and this essentially becomes the Core Essence of the film is the willingness of the people of the state to contribute in their own Own Way showcasing the human Spirit to work together and the belief that no tragedy is strong enough to break their prevailing tendency I cannot command the creators and especially director Jude Anthony Joseph enough for telling this exceptional story of human perseverance and unity in a state that worked hand in hand with one another knowing very well that there is no force that can break their spirit

4. Sirf ek Bandaa Kafi hai (hindi) :- one of the most liked movies of 2023 starring the legend Manoj Bajpayee, a tale about a common man in the form of PC solanki played by Manoj Bajpayee who takes up the high profile case where Witnesses are either becoming hostile Aura being killed and puts everything in his might to work for the protection of children against fiends who think that they are Untouchable for the sheer fact of the volume of people that consider them to be not only above the law but God like if Manoj bajpayee doesn't get a national award for this film I will be shocked because it is a performance for the ages the story provides an Insight on Blind Faith and its repercussions the culmination of bad decisions and how the child Bears the brunt of it all a journey of resilience beautifully conveyed by Manoj bajpai and with a monologue that I often revisit just to see the legend do what he does best.

5. Nanpakal Nerathu Mayakkam (malayalam) :- probably one of the most unique theatrical experience was to catch the Little Joe's pilisserie directed film with mammootty this movie filled with metaphors and open-ended treatment to its screenplay allows the viewers to be Spectators to the madness and come to their own conclusions of the odd turn of events that take place a unique narrative style far away from the exhilarating rides offered by pilisserie Otherwise this film is meditative and filled with analogies you're playing with a scenario where an actor has to play characters with distinct personalities who not only differ on their Outlook in life and temperament but also religious background and more importantly a different bloody language and mammootty channelizes his experience with such seamlessness and conviction you just simply Marvel at his ability probably the most unique film in the list of exceptional Tales this one really got me thinking for days

6. Purusha pretham [A male ghost] (Malayalam) :- The unique and crispy edited film starring Alexander prashan Jagdish and darshana rajendran in prominent roles this underrated film is a dark comedy but eventually progresses to become an exception generally Adept crime Thriller it is not only funny and clever but is edited so inventively you are bound to get sucked in in the development of events a body is found it is not recognized only for a grieving wife and her brother to claim that it might be a possibility the body is of a missing husband the case identity and the pressure on the police force with Alexander prashanth and Jagdish at the helm of Affairs makes this film one hell of a ride in several moments the way the creators extract humor from the most dire circumstances is a skill to be marbled at and trust me when I say this it may just be one of the most unique treatments of a film dealing with a police investigation highly unnoticed and a real gem.

7. Gulmohar (hindi) :- the film focusing on the batra family where the matriarch kusum batra played by sharmila tagore has decided to sell their family home in Delhi and move to pondicherry met with mostly silent resentment and restrained opposition from the other members of the family kosum urges the family to spend four days together in that house and bid farewell to their Abode by celebrating holy on their last day the events that unfold in those four days that to several moments of conflict transforms into an emotional family tale that stuck a deep emotional chord Within Me boasting of a stacked cast of Legends you couldn't help but melt at the organic chemistry they shared especially the mother-son born between sharmila tagore and Manoj bajpai exploring themes of identity belonging and one's perception in society the film took me back to the ingenious Monsoon wedding and how the complexities within the family Dynamic was so beautifully explored there isn't anything that will break you quite like sharmila tagore opening her arms wanting a big tight hug from her son and this emotional tale really stood out as an understated yet effective family tale

8. Dada (Tamil) :- a film that absolutely caught me by surprise was Dada directed by Ganesh K Babu a movie starring Kavin and aparna Das in lead roles is a story that absolutely broke me a story of Fate manifestation growing up the curveballs that life throws at you and compels you to persevere and what it really means to be a man a surprise pregnancy causes conflict and differences between a couple without giving much context the child is raised by a single father and why or how such circumstances transpired forms the premise of data sharing exceptional chemistry with one another the two leads really act as the soul of this movie it makes you naturally root for their Union Jen Martin and his music will truly Target your heartstrings it's another beautiful story of a low budget Tamil film getting noticed by the masses and it breaks this preconceived notion that only big scale projects are working with audiences I often revisit the end just to see that magic unfold again.

9. Satyaprem ki Katha (hindi) :- a film that many people thought would pass off like a regular small town romantic drama was the Karthik Aryan and Kiara advani Star as those who had faith in Samir vidhvans really knew he isn't going to present a generic forgettable product the film stands out due to the genuine empathy with which the director approached sensitive topics and it absolutely invests you as a naive but smitten Sattu tries to make it work with a lone warrior like Katha the themes explored in the movie is something you have to experience firsthand in the theater as it actually acts as the core of why you immediately get engaged in this tale A Tale of empathy kindness patience and above all friendship really transformed into a beautiful Story the soft Landing of layered and complex subjects was exceptionally executed and this is genuinely like no ordinary romance and I absolutely love it that way.

10. Balagam (telugu) :- a shift that really makes my heart Happy is the Telugu audience seeking for compelling storylines versus just Starlet projects now this is slowly building up and becoming the norm in the Telugu speaking States as a movie like balgam has a respectable run at the box office and is loved digitally the movie directed by venu yaldundi focuses on a family dealing with the death of the patriarch of the family as more and more people appear to mourn this loss the Dynamics within the house get explored revealing several reasons for animosity or hatred among its members the rural Telangana Dynamic is in full form egos being challenged personality traits being dragged one is in a constant mood to pull down one another and all is a product of the circumstances versus having ill will for one another balagam is still Vivid In My Memory especially its endearing concluding moments riyadarshi is the Observer of the sheer chaos that follows and the entire ensemble cast puts forth Stellar performances making for a movie on love beyond the differences so special

So these are best 'Indian' movies of 2023 according to me tell me what you guys think about the list, give it a try and let me know which are best movies from Indian Cinema you watched this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yug Purush

Yug Purush

सादा जीवन, तुच्छ विचार
Staff member
Rush ( 2013 )

One of the best racing movies ever made about James Hunt and Nikki Lauda , 2 of the best F1 drivers ever ! They are legends also because of their friendship and admiration they had for each other ! Both Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Bruhel deserved oscars for their performances as Hans Zimmer for his outstanding music score .
:rock:

Reactions: The Immortal

Akki ❸❸❸

ᴾʀᴏᴜᴅ ᵀᴏ ᴮᴇ ᴴᴀʀʏᴀɴᴠɪ
Gangs of Wasseypur

Bollywood me dekhe to meri all time favourite :yo:

Akki ❸❸❸

ᴾʀᴏᴜᴅ ᵀᴏ ᴮᴇ ᴴᴀʀʏᴀɴᴠɪ
Qismat,Lekh,Moh,Sufna... Ye sab Punjabi ki best :love3:

Akki ❸❸❸

ᴾʀᴏᴜᴅ ᵀᴏ ᴮᴇ ᴴᴀʀʏᴀɴᴠɪ
South ki dekhe to Arjun Reddy , Dear comrade, Pushpa best :bigboss: