• If you are trying to reset your account password then don't forget to check spam folder in your mailbox. Also Mark it as "not spam" or you won't be able to click on the link.

Romance TRANSIT (Completed)

Rawat@7

Bad Is Never Good Until Worse Happens.
Note: This story was inspired by my recent days in college and it’s straight from my heart. The humour in the story were planned as dark(black) comedies, which was inspired by my conversation with friends and this time, I relied more on comedies when scripting the story. Instead of making this as a drama, I wanted to try something new and opted to turn this as a black comedy romance story...

Rawat@7

PSG COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCE:

DECEMBER 11, 2021:

After living in the lockdown period of two months and spending time in online classes, the third-year college students are having their physical exams in PSG College of Arts and Science. Due to the first and second waves of the Covid-19 pandemic, the entire class went online.

The students entered the college and the exams are held for all the departments in the college. To know the progress of studies by students, the college dean goes all over the class and reaches Room Number 319, which is B.Com(Accounting and Finance)- B Section.

Seeing the students, he asked them: “How the study is going on?”

“Ok sir,” said Vijey Abinesh, a guy who is white-looking, have god-fear in his face and is reading his books sincerely. Nearing the other students, he asked one of them: “Which is the most interesting period?”

“Games period, sir,” said Sanjay Kumar, one of the class students.

“Fine. Which is most boring?”

“Exam sir,” said Swetha Varshini and Shruthiga, who were hearing him.

“Oh really. Then please suggest how to make the exam more interesting.”

The whole class is silent. Then, Sai Adhithya raised his hand.

“Yes, my boy.”

“Sir, T-20 cricket emerged as the test cricket started becoming boring. We can take some idea from T 20 cricket to make the exam more interesting” said Sai Adhithya.

“Very good. Please elaborate!” said the College dean.

“Following are my suggestions:

1.) First 45 minutes of the 3-hour exam will be power play…There will be no invigilator in the class during this period.

2.) After power play, during the next 45 minutes, there will be something like over restriction. This means the invigilator cannot enter the class more than 4 times. During each entry, he cannot spend more than 2 minutes in the class.

3.) If the above restriction is flouted, there will be a free hit. This means he has to dictate one answer to the whole class.

4.) After every one hour, there will be strategic time out of 5 minutes. During this time the students can discuss amongst themselves.

5.) And the last one is most interesting. After every 30 minutes, girls from the adjacent girl's school will come into the exam hall and perform like cheerleaders. Hearing all these things, the college dean dials KMCH hospitals and asked for a bed to admit himself and he leaves the class.

After a few minutes, as the teacher is opening her laptop, she hears someone asking permission: “May I come in mam?”

Seeing him, she said: “Yes Akhil. Get in. Why so late?”

“Delay due to traffic mam,” said Akhil and he gets inside the class, sitting on the bench. Before starting to read for his exams, he mutes his phone and forbids each and every disturbance surrounding him, so that he could start his reading without any disturbances.

A FEW HOURS LATER, 9:00 AM:

Since the time is almost 9:00 AM, Vijey Abinesh comes near to Akhil, reminding him: “Akhil. See what’s the time da. Our exam is almost to start by now.”

Seeing his phone, Akhil gets everything ready and goes to his nearby hall, sitting on the bench steadily. While writing the exams, he notices a few students passing the exam papers and copying, which he ignores.

In his mind, he thinks: “Will the guys copy the exams bypassing the papers also?” When writing, he turns back to his friend Janaarth and asked for the answers of objectives, to which he says: 1, 2 and 3 options by showcasing his hands.

A FEW HOURS LATER:

A few hours after the exams at 11:30 AM, Akhil submits the exam paper to the invigilator followed by Vijey Abinesh and both of them takes their respective bags. When going, Vijey takes a turn to the left side direction, while Akhil takes a right turn towards the steps.

As he is moving forward, Abinesh said to him louder: “Akhil. I am going for a nearby class to register my name for music class da. So, you wait in the parking lot, with your KTM bike ready.”

Akhil nods his head and while going, he receives a call from his friend Sanjay, who asked him to come for the class all of a sudden. When going there, he sees a few group of students seeing a papers and asked them: “What’s this da?”

“It’s a story da, written by our classmate Nisha. I wanted you to classify this story’s genre. As she told it’s under crime genre. Looks not so” said Shruthiga, his classmate. Akhil’s brow tightened and his eyes turned red. Yet, he patiently reads the paper and remains silent for five minutes.

Nisha arrives to the place and Akhil said them: “The story starts with an plenty of action sequences da. In addition, it’s fast-paced and have lots of twists and turns, moving like a cliffhanger. So, it’s under the genre of thriller.” Hearing this, she becomes furious and asked him: “As though you are a famous story writer, you are classifying this. I have an experience of three years as a book reader, excellence in academic career and article writing. But, without these things, how can you classify my work. Who asked you to do this man?”

Deeply offended by her words, Akhil replied her: “Intelligence has nothing to do with the passing of examinations. Intelligence is the spontaneous perception which makes one strong and free. Not being arrogant and over confident.” Staring at Sanjay, he moves out from the place, watched by Abinesh, who have just then arrived and asked Sanjay: “What happened da? Why is he going angrily?”

“Ah! We didn’t take him to watch Pushpa: The Rise Part 1 in the theater it seems. That’s why he is going heartbroken” said Sanjay and Rithik, to which Prithvi Raj replied: “The film itself is a rehash of KGF: Chapter 1 and Rangasthalam da.”

“Big joke da. It’s a big joke” said Swetha and Shruthiga.

Abinesh laughed and showcased the Instagram post, which tagged actor Soori and actress Rashmika Mandanna, both of whom were mocked as: “Pushpa’s husband(Soori)” and “Pushpa’s wife(Rashmika).”

“Have you heard this song from that film da? O Saami and Oo Solriyaa, Oo Oo Solriyaa?” asked Sanjay Kumar, to which Abinesh said: “Yet to see that da. Many said that, it’s because of Samantha this film is still running in the theatre.”

However, he remembers the question which he was to ask his friends and asked them: “Ok. Jokes apart. Why is he leaving angrily da?”

“Who da?” asked Thilip, as they have forgot everything, almost.

“Akhil da” said Abinesh, to which Jotsna said, “Hey! Who is he da. Speaking like a street dog.”

“You are only speaking like a street dog, now. He have came to ask about this only, at first. But, deviated from the topic, due to the start of movie discussion” said Mathivanan.

Sanjay explains the entire scenario, where Nisha have insulted Akhil and hearing this, a furious Abinesh takes her along with him to the parking lot asking her, “How long you know Akhil?”

“During the start of Third semester” said Nisha, who is actually donning the hairstyle, that boys used to. Hearing this, he tells her, “I know him very well, since 9th grade. Both of us are having respective backstories in our life.”

FEW YEARS BACK:

I was born in a conservative Brahmin background. My father Balaji is a renowned businessman in Erode district. We lived in a joint family and my mother was pregnant six months, with my sister Tryambha in her womb.

Our thoughts and feelings are stereotyped and automatic. We learn a few subjects, gather some information, and then try to pass it on to other people. Likewise, my father too became a stereotype person, that often lead to a conflict between him and my mother.

As the conflict turned into fights and worse problems, my mother divorced him and took me under her custody. Since, I hated my father. From then, the one who have supported me were: “My mother, My loving younger sister and My friends.” I developed a passion for music, when I was studying 6th grade and practiced the music.

Until 9th grade, I doesn’t find anyone, who understood my pains and sufferings. But, in the mid-period of 9th grade, I got one good friend and he is Akhil.

PRESENT:

“Ok. What about your friend Akhil? He too hates his father?”

Smiling at her, he says: “No. He hates his mother and the family. While, he still more worships his father as a teacher and god.”

“Is he alive or dead?” asked Nisha, to which he replied: “He is dead. But, Akhil still more can’t believe that, his father died and have lost his way in the middle.”

Abinesh tells her, “In my life, if my father was the enemy, in Akhil’s life, his mother is the solo enemy. Since childhood days, she insulted him and showed love and affection to her other relatives invoking hatred in his mind. He have suffered a lot due to his mother and relatives. Facing the child abuse at an very young age, his father divorced his wife, taking Akhil under his custody and living a happier life.”

Angered by this, Nisha said: “Not all mother are bad Abinesh. Akhil is doing a mistake.”

“Too late Nisha. His mother realized her mistakes too late. Since, a sudden caste violence and caste riots before two years due to the Pollachi Rape Incidents, have killed their entire family due to the bombs thrown by the rioters.” Abinesh said and hearing this, she tells: “It’s all Karma, that plays a vital role in the life of human beings, Abinesh. I heard, you have made Akhil to stay in your house. May I know why?”

Thinking for a second, Abinesh said an incident before few months ago, which have made him so close with Akhil.

Abinesh’s sister Tryambha was studying her 11th grade in Suguna International school of Coimbatore district and during such time, few people from Scheduled caste were brainwashing school children and college students, frequently. One among such group succeeded in brainwashing Tryambha and were planning to rape the poor girl in a park.

Abinesh asked Akhil to go and pick up his sister back to his house and he finds her talking with a guy from SC, which he videotaped. Seeing this, Tryambha fearfully went near him and asked, “Brother. What are you doing? Please stop the video.”

“In this age, do you need love?” asked Akhil, to which the guy said: “It’s their wish. They do. Who are you to ask this man?” Angered, he started to thrash up the guy left and right. When Tryambha intervened to stop the fight, he pushed her asides and continued to beat up the guy black and blue, watched by many.

He says, “If an innocent girl is caught, will you all take her for granted da? Why are you spoiling the life of school children da?” Unable to bear the beatings, he decides not to wide up the conflict in order to go out of the parking lot and pledged, “I hereafter, would see each and every girl as my own sister and won’t trap them in the name of love. It’s a promise.” Hearing this, Tryambha slapped him right and left, in front of everyone and went along with Akhil, who said her: “In this age, it’s all an infatuation Tryambha. It’s not love. If your brother hears about this, will he feel happy
or your mother, who have lots of affection with you, will be happier? Did you think about them? I have a good father. While you have a good brother and doting mother. Don’t ever trouble them in your life, at any time ma.” She apologized to him and Akhil informed Abinesh about the event, that happened in a nearby park, who thanked him for this saying, “I am indebted to you the whole life da buddy.” The duo hugs and Akhil tied a Rakhi in Abinesh’s left hand, implying their undying friendship.

PRESENT:

Nisha asked him: “Ok. It’s all good. But, what’s the link between this and his writing career, I asked you?”

Abinesh thinks a while and tells her, “I have shared the storymirror link with you in Whatsapp. Go a glance and additionally, meet my friend Sanjith tomorrow to know more about Akhil.” Abinesh leaves the college, as it’s time already.

THREE DAYS LATER:

DECEMBER 16, 2021:

Three days later, after finishing their final exam by 12:30 PM, Nisha meets Abinesh again. After Akhil leaves in his bike, she asked Abinesh: “Is Akhil one of the prolific storywriters? It’s unbelievable. I don’t know who was his source of inspiration?”

Laughing a while he says, “It was me. He saw me an inspiration to write stories and I think Sanjith could have told you about his Short film, based on 2008 Bangalore serial blasts?”

“Yeah, Yeah!” Nisha exclaimed. She slowly asked him, “Then, why did he stopped writing?”

“All because of our society and me myself. Since, Akhil saved my sister, the SC’s head, a politician leader vowed for revenge. Because, many people from other party mocked and created memes against him. As a retribution, they staged an accident and killed Akhil’s father. Additionally, an one-year old girl, whom Akhil considers as his own sister was unexpectedly killed in a road accident, along with her grandmother. These two incidents left him dejected and he slowly slipped to the path of self-destruction. I tried to change him, but in vain.”

“Self-Destruction means?” asked Nisha.

“Self destructive path means, not as you think like cigarette smoking or alcoholism. He drank Fanta, 7 up and became a mere bookworm. Additionally, to forget the incidents, he grew up large number of beard around him and stayed along with me, until he finished his studies” said Abinesh, to which Nisha is extremely shocked. She apologized to Akhil, the next day for her harsh words.

Two days later, Sai Adhithya, Akhil and Abinesh’s close friend is coming along with his friend Rajiv, who tells: “Hey. Atmosphere is so nice da. See the place da. Full of girls.”

“Then go and sleep in the center of the college with your bed sheet da” said Nikhil, their Telugu classmate from Nellore, Andhra Pradesh.

“I have stopped telling you the story right. Rajiv. After you bear a child, you would went on to womanize several women. Such a playboy guy you are in this story, you know. Then, you become serial killer, etc.” As he is telling this, Rajiv showcased his hands and said: “Please don’t say this da. Please. I will stop it. Enough.” They laughed and entered inside the class.

Adhithya is surprised to see his friend Akhil, with a shaved look, with a back to bang for fulfilling his dreams and surprised by this, he asked Abinesh: “What a sudden change! Is he really, our Akhil da?”

“Is your eyes blind da? He is our Akhil only” said Sanjay and Abinesh revealed: “I only changed him before three days da. Was unable to see him in the path of self-destruction and the grief inside him. That’s why explained him the quotes from Bhagavad Gita. He understood the importance of life, not because of me. But, because of one of our teachers.” Abinesh said and seeing this,
Adhithya asked: “What’s that quote da buddy?”

“Human Life is full of battles- Fight your way, stand your ground. Because everyone is a masterpiece” said Abinesh to which, Rajiv said: “I thought, you told something regarding sex, love and retching da.”

“At this time also, you are exciting with thoughts of sexual desires ah, Gopi?” asked Sharan, to which Adhithya said, “That is why I bomb people.”

Akhil gets ready to meet his head in the short film department and gets his script Undercover approved by the head director, who is impressed with his story and assured him to finalize the casting.

The same time, as a girl is passing towards Rishivaran, he tells her: “Even if it’s a graveyard I would put a window and look at your face.”

Akhil said him: “Olvaran. Even if it’s a roll, don’t you think about the logic da.” Hearing this, Abinesh recited in joy saying, “Akhil. Finally, you have made us to laugh da.”

“Yeah. It’s a Olympic race or a competition you see. Shut up, go and do your other jobs man. Idiots” said Sundar Raman, one of the guys.

Adhithya said, “I think, he have became a pale shadow after being busy with CA Inter exams.” Abinesh and Akhil said him, “You, me and I too are writing CA Inter exams in July 2022 da. Have you forgot?”

“Oh, is it? Then, I will go and register in YS Academy da” said Adhithya and he goes in a hurry burry mode.

“Hey. They said this for fun da. Idiot” said Sanjay to which Akhil said, “Leave da. At least, he is trying to do his work with sincerity.”

“Already his head is full of dandruff da. If he applies for Inter, then he have to lose all his hairs” said Swetha.

“Then, no girls would come forward to marry him, telling he have lost his hair” said Rajiv, tightening his hands and laughing. Hearing this, an another guy in the class, Shaik Sulaiman said: “You continue to speak like this itself. You would die, one day.”

The latter sees a message from Deepika, one of his friend in B.Com(Banking and Insurance) in the Whatsapp: “Kiss or hug me.”

“What? Message is coming like this” said Abinesh, seeing it in a state of shock. While, Akhil gets a call from Krishnaraj sir, after which he leaves to meet him. The same time, Abinesh goes to meet her.

Krishnaraj sir is one of the prominent professor in PSG College of Arts and Science. Though being a strict person considering discipline as important, he have mentored and trained a number of students in his career, motivating and inspiring them.

He have attended various number of sessions in Sri Krishna college of arts and science and several other sessions of UPSC and TNPSC exams, motivating the aspiring students. Since, Abinesh was unable to convince Akhil, he approached Krishnaraj sir, who called him up to his room and asked his problems, to which Akhil bursts out in tears and reveals
each and every mishaps, that have happened in his life.

Hearing this, Krishnaraj sir thinks for a while and said: “Life is beautiful, Akhil. There are lots of ups and downs in our path. As your father died, you wished you should go in the path of self-destruction. Then, no one can live in this world. All have to die. In addition, for the death of one year old girl, you don’t have to grieve like this. Since, death is unexpected. It have to come one day in the life of human beings. If not convinced still, you go to some place as per your wish and see the life of human beings. You could realize the importance of life.”

At present, Akhil is planning to go for Chalakkudy waterfalls and Kerala, exploring various kinds of people in the place, where he have planned to shoot a short film, with the finalized casting. He have asked for three days grace leave, despite the ten days Semester leave, to which his tutor Prakash sir and Krishnaraj sir permits so that he can complete the short film telling him, “All the very best Akhil.”

When going, Nisha asked Akhil: “Akhil. May I also accompany your journey?” He accepts and they both shake hands. With few Visual communication students in their respective bikes, Akhil travels in his bike, supported by Abinesh(who comes in his own bike) and Nisha sits in the bike of Akhil.

In Chalakkudy, Akhil learns from Abinesh that: “He have accepted Deepika’s love and is so happy that, Deepika loved him so much deep.” Akhil smiled at him and congratulated.

During their journey to Chalakkudy, Akhil realized that, “Nisha is really a talented girl, writing good stories” and he decides to make her write the screenplay of his short-film. At the time of the team’s visit to Idukki dam in Kerala, Nisha and Akhil have some qualitative time to talk with each other. As Abinesh is with Deepika and the other people near Thommankuthu waterfalls.

Nisha tells him: “Akhil. Do you know why am I donning this type of a hair style?”

Thinking for a while, Akhil replied her: “I don’t know exactly. During the second year, I have saw you reading some books, taking good lectures and being a brilliant student. Further, I have learned about your continuous illness. However, don’t know why you have donned this type of hairstyle. It’s usual as per my guess. Since, Christina mam too is donning this type of hairstyle only.”

Laughing upon hearing this, Nisha said to him: “Yeah. But, not because of that. It’s because of Cancer.” Nisha said and further revealed that, “She have survived from cancer.”

Extremely shocked, Akhil asked her: “Wasn’t you worried or feared about cancer, Nisha?”

“In seeking comfort, we generally find a quiet corner in life where there is a minimum of conflict, and then we are afraid to step out of that seclusion. This fear of life, this fear of struggle and of new experience, kills in us the spirit of adventure; our whole upbringing and education have to think contrary to the established pattern of society, falsely respectful authority and tradition.” Nisha said to him.

Akhil asked her to take him to the people, who are fighting with Cancer in Kerala, to which she gladly accepts. With the help of other crew members, he goes to Trivandrum.

Going there, Nisha showcases people suffering from Liver Cancer, Mouth Cancer, Blood cancer and Stage-IV Cancer. He tells to Akhil, Deepthi and Abinesh: “Cancer patients experienced many symptoms that affected their quality of life. There is a need to develop interventions for effective management of symptoms that will empower the patients to have a greater sense of control over their illness and treatment and to improve the quality of life.”

Seeing the people’s difficult to even drink a drop of water, Abinesh feels sad and Akhil’s eyes are filled with tears. Since, Cancer is the main health issue in the community across the world. Globally, cancer is one of the most common causes for morbidity and mortality. Now, Akhil realizes the importance of life, as told by Krishnaraj sir and henceforth, he throws away the Seven Up, Sprite and Fanta bottles asides, thus giving up these bad habits also.

Love blossoms between Nisha and Akhil, during the beautiful journey of these people to Palakkad. Some of the crew members of Akhil gives degrading commentary about Nisha, which leaves her heartbroken and she slips into depression. However, he consoled her and comforts her.

However, still more not convinced, she walks on the rainy road and Akhil goes behind her calling, “Nisha…Nisha.”

Taking a jacket to cover them, Akhil shares a kiss with Nisha and he holds her in his arms, coming towards his house, where she kisses him and the duo ends up making love and spending one night together. Afterwards, the crew goes to Mazhampuzha dam, completing the shooting there too and the editing was successfully completed by Sai Adhithya(who joined off late, during the journey).

The guys return to Coimbatore, where the short film is submitted by Akhil. Abinesh’s songs such as The Life Theme, Friendship Anthem, KTM: The Adventure ride and True Love becomes popular with the students.

Akhil meets Nisha and thanks to her for motivating and inspiring him and she too thanked him. Akhil tells: “Nisha. I love you so much.”

Emotional, Nisha hugged him in tears and they embrace each other.

While hugging, Nisha asked him: “As I fight more with you, you won’t leave me la?”

“In your love, there isn’t much anger. You mental” said Akhil to which Nisha said: “Love you.”

“Love you too.” Adhithya now states: “That’s why I prefer to be single in my life.”

“But, I prefer to go and mingle with girls. Because, our atmosphere is so good and super” said Rajiv, to which Adhithya begged him: “Have you started again ah da? I plead with you. Change your dialogue. I am unable to hear this repeated dialogue.”

Abinesh laughed at this and when marching towards the class with Akhil, Deepthi, Adhithya, Rajiv and Nisha, Sanjay rushed towards them and stopped.

“Why are you coming like this da? Any problems?” asked Adhithya, to which Sanjay happily tells: “Buddy. Due to Demicron and Omicron virus, there’s a discussion to keep our exams and classes online it seems da.”

“Let the virus spread without any disease. Let our online classes continue forever” said Kathirvel, one of the class students, who have come along with Sanjay.

“Oh! I am going to miss girls” said Rajiv.

“We are all worried about our future. While you are worrying for girls. Is it needed now Rajiv?” asked Janaarth(another classmate and friend of Sanjay), laughing.

“Anyways, to god’s luck, our classes be conducted through offline mode only. Pray to god and leave everything in god’s hands” said Sai Adhithya and they get inside the class as it’s too late.

EPILOGUE:

When one travels around the world, one notices to what an extraordinary degree human nature is the same, whether in India or America, in Europe or Australia. This is especially true in colleges and universities. We are turning out, as if through a mould, a type of human being, whose chief interest is to find security, to become somebody important, or to have a good time with as little as possible. Because, this world is a transit, where we learn so many things, through experimentation, research and planning.

Reactions: Umakant007

Rawat@7

The End

Rawat@7

🤞

Batman

Its not who i am underneath
Staff member
Hello everyone.

We are Happy to present to you The annual story contest of XForum

"The Ultimate Story Contest" (USC).

As you all know, in previous week we announced USC and also opened Rules and Queries thread after some time. Before all this, chit-chat thread already opened in Hindi section.

Well, Just want to inform that it is a Short story contest, in this you can post post story under any prefix. with minimum 700 words and maximum 7000 words . That is why, i want to invite you so that you can portray your thoughts using your words into a story which whole xforum would watch. This is a great step for you and for your stories cause USC's stories are read by every reader of Xforum. You are one of the best writers of Xforum, and your story is also going very well. That is why We whole heatedly request you to write a short story For USC. We know that you do not have time to spare but even after that we also know that you are capable of doing everything and bound to no limits.

And the readers who does not want to write they can also participate for the "Best Readers Award" .. You just have to give your reviews on the Posted stories in USC

"Winning Writer's will be awarded with Cash prizes and another awards "and along with that they get a chance to sticky their thread in their section so their thread remains on the top. That is why This is a fantastic chance for you all to make a great image on the mind of all reader and stretch your reach to the mark. This is a golden chance for all of you to portrait your thoughts into words to show us here in USC. So, bring it on and show us all your ideas, show it to the world.

Entry thread will be opened on 7th February, meaning you can start submission of your stories from 7th of feb and that will be opened till 25th of feb. During this you can post your story, so it is better for you to start writing your story in the given time.

And one more thing! Story is to be posted in one post only, cause this is a short story contest that means we can only hope for short stories. So you are not permitted to post your story in many post/parts. If you have any query regarding this, you can contact any staff member.

To chat or ask any doubt on a story, Use this thread — Chit Chat Thread

To Give review on USC's stories, Use this thread — Review Thread

To Chit Chat regarding the contest, Use this thread— Rules & Queries Thread

To post your story, use this thread — Entry Thread

Prizes
Position Benifits
Winner 1500 Rupees + Award + 30 days sticky Thread (Stories)
1st Runner-Up 500 Rupees + Award + 2500 Likes + 15 day Sticky thread (Stories)
2nd Runner-UP 5000 Likes + 7 Days Sticky Thread (Stories) + 2 Months Prime Membership
Best Supporting Reader Award + 1000 Likes+ 2 Months Prime Membership
Members reporting CnP Stories with Valid Proof 200 Likes for each report

Regards :- XForum Staff

Rawat@7