• If you are trying to reset your account password then don't forget to check spam folder in your mailbox. Also Mark it as "not spam" or you won't be able to click on the link.

Non-Erotic It’s a hard rain

rusty blade

all about CurVes!!!!
It’s a hard rain

When the evening is spread out against the sky
Like a patient etherized upon a table…

Dusk was dawning on glass panes of his window, smoke rubbing its muzzle, peeping from outside , streets following like tedious argument, …every evening, it reminded him of Prufrock’s love poem, more than 12 years has gone, him occupying this cabin, but today was to be last day ,last evening,

Clock on wall reminded him, 10 minutes more, 10 minutes to move out, move out for ever.

When day started, it was like any other.

Same pressure, targets to be achieved, calls to be answered, calls to be avoided, meetings galore, but first hints came when somebody from finance texted about irrational behavior of company’s stock. Before he could make head of tell, HR had called everybody to be out in hall,

And there was blood bath.

Pink slips were handed, 242 persons, almost half of strength gone.

And then news, it was still a rumor, Acquisition and merger by some outside shark.

He only had a feeling of relief having been spared. And his feeling in his importance in him has been restored back, but after lunch heads and deputy heads of vertical were called to the board room.

His mouth was agape. She was there, he had first seen her emerging from a swimming pool of his condominium, a water nymph …but what she is doing here…

and after some time she came to him. May be a just touch of recognition, she stretched her hand for hand shake,

“Nothing personal, but in our organization, your team is redundant as we outsource it and already have a contract in place. “

And she moved to next VP.

Only five minutes are left, clock and security staff reminded him.

Packing was almost complete, he had already emptied his drawers, pills, ant-acid, sarbiturate, insulin pens…only few thin volumes of poetry were left on his shelf and he removed them. His few signs of sanity in this room...

It has become dark outside, uncertain dark…clouds hovering, typical Mumbai monsoon evening but more ominous, scary…

Oops I know I am failing as a story teller, knew it but… OK let me pass the baton to him and I will just be a fly on the wall. Go ahead,
Firstly; I wondered only one story with non-erotic prefix in the English section... well the possible answer could be that the Forum is predominantly adult forum and everyone has come here to share or read sexual fantasies so no one is interested in non-erotica part. Fair enough!!!

Secondly started reading this story actually out of curiosity due to above observation, and noted that the start is actually good and the writer has painted a good picture of an employee who has been laid off due to the fact the organization has undergone structural changes... the writer has successfully detailed employee's emotions...

lets see now what unfolds in the later parts of the story....

Reactions: komaalrani

komaalrani

Firstly; I wondered only one story with non-erotic prefix in the English section... well the possible answer could be that the Forum is predominantly adult forum and everyone has come here to share or read sexual fantasies so no one is interested in non-erotica part. Fair enough!!!

Secondly started reading this story actually out of curiosity due to above observation, and noted that the start is actually good and the writer has painted a good picture of an employee who has been laid off due to the fact the organization has undergone structural changes... the writer has sTha
Thanks so much, its a short story and story is finished.

rusty blade

all about CurVes!!!!
Thanks so much, its a short story and story is finished.
I am thankful to the writer that she responded...

I know that the story is complete and entire story has been posted....

I just wanted to refer to the first update of the story and rest I have not read and will post further reviews after reading other updates of the story....

rusty blade

all about CurVes!!!!
Oops I know I am failing as a story teller, knew it but… OK let me pass the baton to him and I will just be a fly on the wall. Go ahead,

I am on the wrong side of 40; suffering from diabetes and hypertension, living alone, on the top of middle management or bottom of top management in a big conglomerate.

I have clawed my way on corporate totem pole, but I know how greasy, how fragile it is. Almost burnt out many times, tired, drained and as we all know, every day is a new battle. Yes, these young boys, like piranhas, they keep on grinding their teeth, gnawing at toes and many times I felt the heat but I was just inches away and moved. You either go up or you go down.

Not only days are long but sometimes business dinners and parties gobble up most of evenings too. Remaining, I prefer to spend at my flat, often they are long and lonesome punctuated with a good book of poetry.

Let me share a secret, I am a bit of lecherous old man too. With privacy of my cabin, sometimes I do surf adult sites, and indulge in what they call ‘cyber’. It is an innocent vicarious pleasure. And yes love to ogle curves, those domes of joy, eye candies but as they say spirit is willing but flesh is weak.

But then I enjoy poetry, crosswords, thrillers and movies too (mostly noir) and my wine also, just to give me company on those long lonesome evenings.

OMG!!!... did I just witness wonderful picture of a man who is 'tharki by default' ...

the writer has done wonders... by using figurative expressions and has painted colorful prose....

earlier the Mirza Ghalib had done the job miraculously for defining such condition of a man through his poetry quoted below:

"go haath ko jumbish nahīñ āñkhoñ meñ to dam hai
rahne do abhī sāġhar-o-mīnā mire aage"
"let the cup and flask of wine remain in front of me
though my hands are motionless, my eyes as yet can see"

komaalrani

I am thankful to the writer that she responded...

I know that the story is complete and entire story has been posted....

I just wanted to refer to the first update of the story and rest I have not read and will post further reviews after reading other updates of the story....
Thanks so much, story has woven poetry in the fabric of prose by using four illustrious poets, it was also a tribute to a great country song writer who got the nobel.

Reactions: rusty blade

rusty blade

all about CurVes!!!!
Thanks so much, story has woven poetry in the fabric of prose by using four illustrious poets, it was also a tribute to a great country song writer who got the nobel.
Your efforts are commendable indeed!!!

Your endeavor indicates your in-depth and diversified study and research as you have demonstrated the courage to quote from books as well as from all time great poets & writers.

Me too a great admirer of Tagore Sahab and one of great lines that he has given to humanity is...

Freedom from fear is the freedom...

You have got tremendous talent and divergent way of thinking and relating things. You should write more. 🙏

Last edited:

komaalrani

Your efforts are commendable indeed!!!

Your endeavor indicates your in-depth and diversified study and research as you have demonstrated the courage to quote from books as well as from all time great poets & writers.

Me too a great admirer of Tagore Sahab and one of great lines that he has given to humanity is...

You have got tremendous talent and divergent way of thinking and relating things. You should write more. 🙏
Yes, story starts with T S Elliot and ends with Bob Dylon and there are lines from Bilhan and a few other my favorites. story is my favorite but the number of views tell another story and will discourage even a lion hearted to try something like this.

komaalrani

komaalrani

Reactions: Umakant007