• If you are trying to reset your account password then don't forget to check spam folder in your mailbox. Also Mark it as "not spam" or you won't be able to click on the link.

Non-Erotic It’s a hard rain

Delta101

Komalji, Great excerpt from the sea of your literacy lore...... Didn't know that you occupy the same command in English as Hindi.

will wait for such more drops out of your literacy rain..... Keep writing in different languages and let us be aware of your works

Last edited:
Reactions: komaalrani

Sutradhar

It’s a hard rain

When the evening is spread out against the sky
Like a patient etherized upon a table…

Dusk was dawning on glass panes of his window, smoke rubbing its muzzle, peeping from outside , streets following like tedious argument, …every evening, it reminded him of Prufrock’s love poem, more than 12 years has gone, him occupying this cabin, but today was to be last day ,last evening,

Clock on wall reminded him, 10 minutes more, 10 minutes to move out, move out for ever.

When day started, it was like any other.

Same pressure, targets to be achieved, calls to be answered, calls to be avoided, meetings galore, but first hints came when somebody from finance texted about irrational behavior of company’s stock. Before he could make head of tell, HR had called everybody to be out in hall,

And there was blood bath.

Pink slips were handed, 242 persons, almost half of strength gone.

And then news, it was still a rumor, Acquisition and merger by some outside shark.

He only had a feeling of relief having been spared. And his feeling in his importance in him has been restored back, but after lunch heads and deputy heads of vertical were called to the board room.

His mouth was agape. She was there, he had first seen her emerging from a swimming pool of his condominium, a water nymph …but what she is doing here…

and after some time she came to him. May be a just touch of recognition, she stretched her hand for hand shake,

“Nothing personal, but in our organization, your team is redundant as we outsource it and already have a contract in place. “

And she moved to next VP.

Only five minutes are left, clock and security staff reminded him.

Packing was almost complete, he had already emptied his drawers, pills, ant-acid, sarbiturate, insulin pens…only few thin volumes of poetry were left on his shelf and he removed them. His few signs of sanity in this room...

It has become dark outside, uncertain dark…clouds hovering, typical Mumbai monsoon evening but more ominous, scary…

Oops I know I am failing as a story teller, knew it but… OK let me pass the baton to him and I will just be a fly on the wall. Go ahead,

Wow Komal Ji

In English too, you are amazing. Infact I am short of words. Your persona is unbelievable.

Regards

komaalrani

Komalji, Great excerpt from the sea of your literacy lore...... Didn't know that you occupy the same command in English as Hindi.

will wait for such more drops out of your literacy rain..... Keep writing in different languages and let us be aware of your works
The problem is there are only a few discerning readers who enjoy subtle nuances, splattering of poetry and ambience. Thanks so much and how i wish your tribe may increase. Thanks for enjoying the story.

Reactions: Delta101

komaalrani

komaalrani

Delta101

The problem is there are only a few discerning readers who enjoy subtle nuances, splattering of poetry and ambience. Thanks so much and how i wish your tribe may increase. Thanks for enjoying the story.
I'm on the same page as you; that not everyone may understand subtle nuances, splattering of poetry, and ambiance in their reading material. like the difference b/w poetry and story; as it is preferred that a straight story is easier than a poem to read and understand.

agree that there may be fewer readers of such stories. but yes; they exist and either today or tomm such great stories will gain attention.......you should keep writing like this

waiting for your next creation.